Do you know or love someone who has anger management challenges or has trouble controlling their emotions? Of course. We all do.
“A rageaholic or anger addict is a person prone to extreme anger with little provocation. While rageaholic is not a formal medical diagnosis it has been developed as a lay psychology term by counselors and anger-management groups seeking to help people who are chronically angry and who compulsively express fits of rage.” There are also 12-step programs such as Rageaholics Anonymous and Emotions Anonymous. -Wikipedia.
Check out the video episode after the jump…
As you know, I am a resident love and life coach on the CW Network’s “Bill Cunningham Show.” The wonderful thing is that no guest leaves without being offered help for their issues.
In this clip, I advise adults dealing with self control and anger management issues that are affecting their family lives and their romantic relationships. Find great advice on dealing with our of control anger from using empathy to maintaining a hostility log at Mind Tools. Other things that can help are learning to laugh at yourself, meditation, forgiveness and interrupting the anger cycle while it’s happening. This is of course before reaching blackout level rage.
Anger by itself is not a negative emotion. In fact it can be quite cleansing. However, rage is something different altogether. Rage increases cortisol levels and creates an unhealthy body for the “rager” and mental and physical space for others. Cortisol is known as the the stress hormone. We can stop at any given time to observe whether we are acting out of fear or love.
I can sympathize as I not only have the personality trait “HSP,” Highly Sensitive Person, but I have dealt with extreme PMS and anxiety at times. We also could benefit from knowing more about the power of emotions and allowing them to be an empowering force in our lives — rather than a dis-empowering force.
Download a hostility log worksheet here.
Medical Disclaimer: This is not an attempt at diagnosis. If you suffer from any of these issues, this blog is for informational purposes only. Consult your own physician for best treatment.
More Passionate Living!
- Meeting Viola Davis! My Revealing Interview with the Star
- Meeting Tamar Braxton: Video Interview on “Tamar and Vince”
- Female Veterans Need Love Too! Relationship Coaching for Soldiers
- Too Fat to Be Loved! What Does It Take to Deserve A Relationship?
- Celibacy 101! My Current Advice on Being Celibate in Essence
- Online Dating Profile Advice – How to Rock the Single Life
- Iyanla Vanzant! What An Inspiration – Paying It Forward
- New AbiolaTV! Yummy Vegan Homemade Hummus Recipe Video
- How to Help Your Friend with Her Wedding Plus Ethnic Wedding Looks
- Love, Sexuality and Religion in Marriage! How to Remove Blocks