Passionista Principle: “A gourmet who thinks of calories is like a tart who looks at her watch.” ~James Beard
- MARINATE. Marinate the chicken for at least 3 hours in Grey Goose Orange Vodka, Fresh Tangerines & Oranges, Orange Zest and Balsamic Vinegar. As it is skinless, you really want the chicken to drink up the orange flavor.
- SPICE. Although the chicken has been marinating you should add additional spices like Adobo and Black Pepper before you put it on your Foreman Grill.
- GRILL. I grill the chicken without the barbecue sauce so that the flavor gets really cooked in. Then when you add the barbecue sauce it’s flavor on top of flavor.
- BBQ. Add the Vodka Orange Barbecue Sauce.
- SERVE. I served with yellow rice and cranberries, with fresh baby spinach as a healthy side salad.
COOKING VODKA BARBECUE ORANGE CHICKEN: THE RECIPE
To create something fun and delicious, portable and affordable. A meal that eats like a snack. And if it has alcohol in it, that doesn’t hurt Game Day either.
I still have yet to get my oven fixed to my cooking is limited to stove top, microwave and George Foreman Grill recipes. I love Chinese Orange Chicken and wanted to come up with a similar recipe that was a little healthier, and I could make without my oven.
The George Foreman Grill or comparable consumer home grill, PAM Olive Oil Cooking Spray.
I tested this recipe by cooking dinner for 2 people so I used only 7 pieces of chicken, thighs– and I am leaving the measurements off of this recipe. I suggest for Super Bowl Party Food that you use chicken wings in the recipe in epic proportions for your hungry crowd!
- 10 Oranges, Tangerines, Tangelos
- 7 Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 bottle of Grey Goose Orange Vodka
- Generous Dashes of Garlic Powder, Black Pepper, Adobo, Cumin
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Lemon Juice
- Barbecue Sauce
- Brown Sugar
|Key Ingredients for Orange Vodka Barbecue Chicken.|
|Mix your Marinade: Oranges, Balsamic Vinegar, Orange Vodka & Spices.|
(Don’t forget to dispose of the marinade carefully afterward due to exposure to raw poultry.)
|Add Your Chicken. Be sure to spice and soak the crevices hidden spots. Then pour in the orange vodka. I use Grey Goose but use whatever brand suits you.|
|Put the chicken on the grill with tangerine slices to lock in the flavor. You’re not breading or frying so you have to really make sure the the orange taste is seared in. You may want to re-spice again when on the grill.|
|I cheated by starting with a commercial BBQ sauce as a base but it’s easy to make your own.|
|Important: Don’t use any sauce straight out of the jar if you’re cheating by starting with a bottled BBQ Sauce. Add orange and lemon juice, brown sugar , and vinegar for this recipe.|
|Mix your Orange Vodka BBQ Sauce! Please Note: Barbecue sauce is personal so season to your taste buds. I like a lot of garlic in mine and honey and brown sugar.|
|Baste the chicken with your Vodka BBQ Orange Sauce.|
|Voila! You may add a drizzle of barbecue sauce while on the grill but add most sauce when the chicken is completely cooked.|
|Got some juicy orange slices or tangerines left?|
|I enjoy Goya Spanish Yellow Rice as the perfect side dish for almost anything. I usually add olives but I added dried cranberries to match the taste of the chicken.|
|Add your side dishes and play ball, football that is…|