In-Demand Keynote and College Speaker & Workshop Leader
I have given keynote addresses at New York University, Howard University and Washington State University; created and moderated panels and workshops at the Essence Festival New Orleans, Museum of the City of New York and New School for Social Research; curated a feminist film festival for VDay and an empowerment exhibit for the Chashama Gallery; mentored girls and women for Hip Hop for Health and Casa Attabex Ache; hosted the African American Literary Awards and presented workshops at the Museum of TV and Radio and University of Northern Colorado.
I look forward to speaking with your group about living an empowered life.
Newton, MA 02458
- OR Just email: business at abiolaabrams.com.
- V-Day Empowerment Celebrations (February)
- Black History/Heritage Month (February)
- International Boost Self-Esteem Month (February)
- Black AIDS Day (February 7)
- National Condom Week (February 14)
- Women’s History Month (March)
- International Women’s Day (March 8)
- National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day (March 10)
- National STD/STI Education Month (April)
- Sexual Assault Prevention & Survivors Month (April)
- World Health Day (April 7)
- Josephine Baker Day (May 20)
- Gay & Lesbian Pride Month (June)
- Caribbean American Heritage Month (June)
- Take Back The Night (March-June)
- New Student Welcome Week & Orientation (September)
- Campus Safe Sex (September)
- International Self Awareness Month (September)
- International Day of Non-Violence (October 2)
- National Family Sexuality Education Month (October)
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month (October)
- Coming Out Day (October 11)
- Love Your Body Day (October 16)
- National Bullying Prevention Month (October)
- International Girls Day (November 14)
- Rosa Parks Day (February 4 or December 1)
- World AIDS Day (December 1)
- Human Rights Day (December 10)
- Martin Luther King Day of Service (January)
Select Motivational Talks: Be Inspired!
Abiola’s Key Personal Empowerment Topics
- Self-Love, Self-Esteem, Self-Acceptance
- Healing Love, Healing Relationships
- Body Image Issues
- Race & Gender
- Overcoming Fear
- Feminism & Empowerment
- Finding Your Voice
PAST KEY TALKS include the Essence Festival New Orleans, Single in Stilettos NYC, NYU Keynote Speech, hosting the African American Literary Awards, Visions & Visionaries Panel in Toronto, Henry Street School of International Studies UN Anniversary Speech, The New School for Social Research, Barnes and Nobles, Hip Hop for Health Shades of Beauty…
PLUS: Washington State University, University of Northern Colorado, Howard University, National Action Network, Women in Cinema, Pratt University, VIDA Youth Center, University of New Hampshire, Sarah Lawrence College, Niger-Delta Academy, RUSH Arts, The Cambridge School, Casa Atabex Aché, New Roc Funhouse, Diversity Film Workshop, Rotunda Gallery, The Schomburg Center, Good for Her Toronto, National Black Theater Festival, Lavender Films, The Bronx Academy of Letter, Henry Street School for International Studies, The Beacon Program, Queens Center Library & more.
Prepare Your Audience
Abiola’s talks include an interactive blend of activism, talk show and inspirational storytelling. Audiences of all ages, cultures and genders have been moved to tears, laughter and ACTION all the way.