“I just feel like I’m the luckiest person in the world being able to do what I love and be able to do it all day every day if I like, you know, I mean it’s great, I love it.” ~Faith Ringgold
In 2010, during my fellowship at A.I.R. Gallery, I had the pleasure of meeting the art icon Faith Ringgold. Faith is a world-renowned artist from Harlem whose works include paintings and storytelling quilts. This living legend has also written and illustrated several children’s books.
On my visit to Faith’s studio, I learned that she is also very down-to-earth and generous. She has an infectious laugh that made me feel like we were BFFs. In 2011, Faith’s alma mater City College hosted a beautiful tribute to Faith’s legacy. The video above of Faith’s acceptance speech provides a small glimpse of her radiant personality.
Mini Photo Diary
The photos below are of me with Faith Ringgold and her daughter, the iconic feminist theorist and author Michelle Wallace at the opening of my exhibit Autobiography of a Year at A.I.R. Gallery in 2010.
damali abrams & faith ringgold
damali abrams, faith ringgold, michelle wallace
Photo Credit for above photos: Sean “Shadagga” Ferdinand.
More Passionate Living!
- Meeting Viola Davis! My Revealing Interview with the Star of ‘Beautiful Creatures’
- Meeting Tamar Braxton: Video Interview on “Braxton Family Values”
- Single Women, Money Dating and Advice! Budget Living
- How to Build a Man Cave in Your Garage! #DIY Gift Idea
- How Rich People Think and Advice for the Financially Challenged
- I Cooked from My Parents’ Garden & I Liked It! How to: Gardening DIY
- Delicious Vegan Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Breakup Quotes on Pinterest: Positive Moving On Thoughts
- Gluten Free Almond Butter Recipe
- How to Save Money When You Live Together
- Aphrodisiacs! What Foods Make You Feel More Sexy?