Passionista Principle: “Don’t hide yourself in regret; Just love yourself & you’re set.” ~Lady Gaga
|Photo: Dancer Bill T. Jones by Russell Jenkins|
Happy International Women’s Day!
So why is there a picture of a man?
A while ago I was a student at a theater program for creatives and artists at The Kitchen in New York City. The Sidney Khan Institute brought incredible lecturers to inspire us like The Beatles widow and artist Yoko Ono (yes she’s still alive!) and dance legend Bill T. Jones. Bill T. Jones was incredible. Bill T. Jones is a choreographer and dance genius.
A fight song is a song that reminds you of your truth. A fight song is the soundtrack for who you want to be. When we are going through the mire and daily B.S. of life we can forget our truths. We can temporarily lose our power.
A fight song and a fight song playlist will keep you going. Music moves us on an unconscious level. Dr. Wayne Dyer did “power versus force” tests with his son to demonstrate that positive music can make you stronger on a physiological level.
When to play your Fight Song Playlist? When you workout, when you want to have a solo dance party, when you want to have a personal pity party, when life gets to hard, when life is awesome and amazing!
MY FIGHT SONG PASSIONISTA PLAYLIST: Inspirational Songs That Have Helped Me!
(Contemporary Inspirational Song Playlist in no particular order; Click links to play songs.)
- “So What” by Pink
- “Firework” by Katy Perry
- “Don’t Cha” by the Pussycat Dolls
- “Respect” by Aretha Franklin
- “Let’s Get It Started” by the Black Eyed Peas
- “Good Girl Gone Bad” by Rihanna
- “Fly Above” by Kandi
- “Beautiful” by Christina Aguilera
- “Survivor” by Destiny’s Child
- “Lose Yourself” by Eminem
- “Empire State of Mind” by Jay-Z & Alicia Keys
- “I Will Survive” by Gloria Gaynor
- “Born This Way” by Lady Gaga
- “Fighter” by Christina Aguilera
- “Control” by Janet Jackson
- “Hate Me Now” by Nas & Diddy
- “Three Little Birds” by Bob Marley
- “Free Your Mind” by En Vogue
- “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun border="0" height="1" src="http://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=evesmagic-20&l=btl&camp=213689&creative=392969&o=1&a=B00136LQUI" style="border: medium none ! important; margin: 0px ! important; padding: 0px ! important;" width="1" />” by Cindi Lauper
- “Big Girls Don’t Cry” by Fergie
- “Express Yourself” by Madonna
- “Bad Reputation” by Joan Jett
- “Irreplaceable” by Beyonce — especially for breakups
I first talked about the inspirational “Fight Song” theory back in the days on my inspirational audio podcast on iTunes. Check out my Stop Self Sabotage audio track here where I talk about the power of music. Plus, check out the lovely Jen Cross on the blog “Writing Ourselves Whole” talking about the power of Fight Songs. Note: This blog uses affiliate links. That only means that if you happen to any any of the fight songs above I may make a small percentage but the price is the same regardless.
So what do you think? What songs inspire you? Do you have a fight song?
Tags: advice, advice for women, audio, audio series, daily inspiration, empowerment, goddess, gratitude, gratorgy, law of attraction, lifestyle advice, music, podcast, positive energy, self-esteem, self-love, women