Passionista Principle: “Don’t hide yourself in regret; Just love yourself & you’re set.” ~Lady Gaga
Hello Sacred Bombshell,
|Photo: Dancer Bill T. Jones by Russell Jenkins|
Happy International Women’s Day!
So why is there a picture of a man?
A while ago I was a student at a theater program for creatives and artists at The Kitchen in New York City. The Sidney Khan Institute brought incredible lecturers to inspire us like The Beatles widow and artist Yoko Ono (yes she’s still alive!) and dance legend Bill T. Jones. Bill T. Jones was incredible. Bill T. Jones is a choreographer and dance genius.
What is a fight song?
A fight song is a song that reminds you of your truth. A fight song is the soundtrack for who you want to be. When we are going through the mire and daily B.S. of life we can forget our truths. We can temporarily lose our power.
A fight song and a fight song playlist will keep you going. Music moves us on an unconscious level.
Dr. Wayne Dyer did “power versus force” tests with his son to demonstrate that positive music can make you stronger on a physiological level.
Inspirational Songs for Women
MY FIGHT SONG PASSIONISTA PLAYLIST: Inspirational Songs That Have Helped Me!
(Contemporary Inspirational Song Playlist in no particular order; Click links to play songs.)
- “So What” by Pink
- “Firework” by Katy Perry
- “Don’t Cha” by the Pussycat Dolls
- “Respect” by Aretha Franklin
- “Let’s Get It Started” by the Black Eyed Peas
- “Good Girl Gone Bad” by Rihanna
- “Fly Above” by Kandi
- “Beautiful” by Christina Aguilera
- “Survivor” by Destiny’s Child
- “Lose Yourself” by Eminem
- “Empire State of Mind” by Jay-Z & Alicia Keys
- “I Will Survive” by Gloria Gaynor
- “Born This Way” by Lady Gaga
- “Fighter” by Christina Aguilera
- “Control” by Janet Jackson
- “Hate Me Now” by Nas & Diddy
- “Three Little Birds” by Bob Marley
- “Free Your Mind” by En Vogue
- “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun by Cindi Lauper
- “Big Girls Don’t Cry” by Fergie
- “Express Yourself” by Madonna
- “Bad Reputation” by Joan Jett
- “Irreplaceable” by Beyonce — especially for breakups
By the way…
I first talked about the inspirational “Fight Song” theory back in the days on my inspirational audio podcast on iTunes.
Check out my Stop Self Sabotage audio track here where I talk about the power of music.
Plus, check out the lovely Jen Cross on the blog “Writing Ourselves Whole” talking about the power of Fight Songs.
Note: This blog uses affiliate links. That only means that if you happen to any any of the fight songs above I may make a small percentage but the price is the same regardless.
So what do you think? What songs inspire you? Do you have a fight song?
These Posts May Also Inspire You
(Click the Photos)