Self-Worth & Relationship Coach, Columnist, TV Personality, Speaker
meet abiola abrams
Hi, I’m Abiola!
Consider me your go-to Passionate Living Coach and Love Columnist based in New York City. I help extraordinary women (and enlightened men) realize their juiciest lives by tapping into the power of love. I coach one-on-one in person, in groups a via Skype. In addition, I speak to groups, colleges and universities about empowerment, offer laser coaching and my theories as a lifestyle expert on TV, radio and the web and write books, blogs and columns.
My “beat” is: self-worth and self-esteem; love, dating and relationships, creativity, body love and body acceptance. I came to this planet to share the secrets of living with more passion and zest than you ever thought possible.
For the past 10 years my work has been about women getting to be who we really are. Let’s do it. Life is not a passive experience. It’s a passionate experience!
I am here for you. Please get in touch.
HOMETOWN: New York City born Goddess of Guyanese Parentage.
EDUCATION: I received my life coach certification from the American University of Neuro-Linguistic Programming. My undergrad degree is from Sarah Lawrence College and I have an MFA from Vermont College of Fine Arts.
COACHING METHODOLOGIES: My unique Passionate Living Coach process is based on tapping into divine feminine energy with a healing and empowering mix of the law of attraction, cognitive behavioral work, spiritual counseling, neuro-linguistic programming and life-changing modalities such as meditation, emotional freedom technique and affirmations.
FAVORITE CAUSE: I offer coaching scholarships for female veterans of the Iraqi wars.
GUILTY PLEASURES: I indulge in all of the juicy joy that life has to offer. The goal is to never feel guilty for any of it! Yay. Find out why I became a coach plus frequently asked questions here.
Love + Lifestyle Expert
the lifestyle passionista
Passionate Living Coach, Author & Personality
biola Abramswrites, advises and broadcasts about love, relationships, self-worth, lifestyle and personal power in pop culture — living your best life! In addition to being an in-demand speaker, coach, author, columnist and multi-platform media personality, Abiola is the founder of “The Passionista Playbook” love, lifestyle & self improvement blog, LoveUniversity.us and her award-winning web TV series talk show.
Recently, Abiola worked her magic as:
- A featured Love and Lifestyle Advice Columnist on Yahoo Shine, Essence, Mommy Noire and gURL plus online dating sites like Match.com.
- A recurring Relationship & Lifestyle Expert for the CW’s “Bill Cunningham Show;”
- An MTV Teen Dating Empowerment Coach on the docu-reality series “MADE;”
- A recurring Love Expert for publications like Essence Magazine and JET Magazine;
- An invited empowerment speaker at universities and conferences such as “NYC Women’s Empowerment Summit,” “Single In Stilettos,” “Good Vibrations Summit,” Al Sharpton’s “State of Black Relationships,” “Flatbush AIDS Day” and “Momentum Conference;”
- Creative Director & Editor of this award-winning lifestyle site “Abiola’s Passionista Playbook,” and Host /Producer of her award-winning “Abiola’s Kiss & Tell TV” lifestyle web talk show and advice vlogs;
- Featured expert on relationships, self-esteem and lifestyle in documentaries such as Michael Baisden’s “Do Women Know What They Want?,” Therese Shechter’s “How to Lose Your Virginity,” Janks Morton’s “Hoodwinked,” Public Media’s “Black Folks Don’t” series and “In Our Heads About Our Own Hair” directed by Hemanset Angaza;
- Educator on healthy living Adult Education sites like Gasm.org and Passionate U with love and lifestyle content syndicated on sites like Healthy You Now;
- A BBC Radio Entertainment Correspondent speaking about love and life;
- Over 2 million advice “clients” served with 2,000,000+ views on her YouTube Advice Channel;
- PLUS She was named one of the “Top 10 Women Teaching About Sex” by Clutch Magazine, “Top 20 Black Bloggers” by Black Enterprise Magazine, chosen “Dating Expert to Know” by DatingWebsite.com and named a “Top 10 Safe Sex Blog” by Get Tested.
assion Expert + Lifestyle and Relationship Maven Abiola Abrams
assion Expert + Lifestyle and Relationship Maven Abiola Abrams
Background: America’s Passionate Living Coach
You’ve heard Abiola’s life-changing “wake up call” advice on TV shows like MTV’s “MADE” and BBC Radio, you’ve read her tips in magazines like Essence and sites like Match.com and now she’s a part of the expert advice team on platforms like the CW Network’s “Bill Cunningham Show.” In addition, she gives love advice on several top sites including Yahoo Shine, gURL.com, Match.com and more. As a part of her ongoing Safe Sex Initiative, she directed the award-winning and critically acclaimed feminist erotica art film, “Afrodite Superstar.”
Abiola’s first professional project after college was writing and starring in “Goddess City,” the first recognized hip hop theater play. The show covered women’s issues around love and self-esteem and she won Cosmopolitan Magazine‘s Fun, Fearless, Female Award. Abiola’s been living juicy and inviting her sisters along ever since.
Abiola Abrams has hosted lifestyle TV shows like BET’s “The Best Shorts,” HBO’s “The Buzz” and NBC’s “Source: All Access” and appeared as a pop culture talking head on networks like FOX. As a social experiment the love journalist went undercover to star as “Miss Picky” on VH1 matchmaker “reality” series “Tough Love.” As a result she realized there was a need for women around love and self-worth that needed to be serviced. Her social issues short films and documentaries about race, gender, wellness and relationships have been shown in festivals, museums and universities from Berlin to New York City.
Abiola’s upcoming book, “The Official Bombshell Handbook,” is part humorous memoir, part fun handbook, about using the power of the feminine to live with passion. “Dare,” a hip hop love story, Abiola’s popular debut novel was taught at Amherst College and will be re-released in the fall by Simon and Schuster in conjunction with WalMart. In addition, Abiola’s provocative writing has been published in anthologies such as “Behind the Bedroom Door,” “Dirty Words: A Literary Encyclopedia,” “Say Word: Voices from Hip Hop Theater” and Eve Ensler’s “A Memory, A Monologue, A Rant and A Prayer.”
Abiola has a BA from Sarah Lawrence College and an MFA from Vermont College of Fine Arts. Based in NYC, she is a Certified NLP Wellness Coach. She created and curated the Chashama Gallery Manhattan exhibit “Hos, Putas and Dragon Ladies: Our Sexuality Remixed,” “The Goddess Factory” at Rush Arts Gallery and VDay’s “Until the Violence Stops Film Festival” at the Museum of The City of NY and the Museum of TV and Radio.
Select Love & Lifestyle Advice Articles
Essence Magazine: “Intimacy Intervention”
- My Man Thinks That I’m Too Fat for Love
- Celibacy 101: All About Being “Chaste”
- Sex Addiction is Ruining My Life
- Boyfriend in Armed Services Unfaithful
- Help! I Keep Going Back to My Ex Boyfriend
- Husband Uses Racial Slurs in the Bedroom
Madame Noire: Abiola’s Love Class
- Post Traumatic Relationship Disorder & Anger
- Getting Married? He Husband Material?
- Dealing with Your Limiting Love Beliefs
- When You Should be Single on Purpose
- How People Pleasing Ruins Relationships
- 40 Affirmations for Better Love & Dating
- How to Stop Acting Like Your Guy’s Mother
- Can You Predict Whether He’s a Cheater?
- How to Relearn Self Worth After A Breakup
- How to Love Fearlessly
- Soul Mate Love Lessons: It Gets Better
gURL! Teen Self Worth Advice
- Why I Love My Hair!
- How to Feel Comfortable in Your Skin
- How to “Date” Yourself! Be In Love With You
- How to Tell Your Parents About Your Boyfriend
- How to Talk to Your Mom About Birth Control
- How Not to Seem Desperate
Bill Cunningham Talk Show (Video)
- Does Your Girlfriend’s Body Size Affect Your Fidelity?
- How to Deal with Domestic Violence in a Relationship
- Secrets, Lies and Scandals Are Ruining Your Relationships?
- Talk Show Hot Topics Playlist
The Passionista Playbook (this blog)
- The White Men’s Guide to Dating Black Women
- How Iyanla Vanzant Inspires My Coaching Magic
- How to Love Like You Have Never Been Hurt
- Men & Sexual Abuse: A Survivor Speaks
- The Body Language of Love: A Comprehensive Guide
- Abiola is a lead lifestyle & relationships content contributor (articles, videos, author & celebrity interviews) in the areas of dating, love, self-esteem and empowerment using pop culture including advertorial and branded entertainment.
- She’s interviewed celebrities, intellectuals, authors and luminaries such as Quincy Jones, Jackie Collins, Chris Rock, Patti Labelle, LL Cool J, Henry Louis Gates, Jr. and more about living with passion.
- Branded entertainment clients and sites have included: Pepsi We Inspire, American Airlines’ Black Atlas, HP, Terra Fossil Wine, Yahoo, Glam Media and Hello Beautiful.
- As a love, relationships, lifestyle and self-improvement blog, self-love, self-esteem, self-worth and empowerment is integral to almost every written post and video — as well as a sense of fun, joy and passion.
Social Media Butterfly
- Twitter: @abiolatv 17,000+ followers;
- Facebook: 8,000+ followers/likes (2 pages);
- YouTube: 1.8 million + video views;
- Tumblr: 800 followers;
- Pinterest: 1400 followers;
- Instagram: 1100 followers
- Blog: 1,000+ Visitors Daily;
- Google:+ 2,000+ followers;
Books by Abiola (Including Anthologies)
Abiola’s award-winning web TV love and lifestyle talk show for women premiered in 2008. Each episode garners a minimum of 20,000 views on iTunes. Episodes also air on Mingle Media and Glam TV. The show is co-produced by iCreateTv.
Select Interview Episodes
Select Advice Vlogs
Select “How To” Episodes